What We Do
CACEP provides education opportunities to children from fragile, conflict-affected areas of Pakistan. Most children are either orphans or bright children from ZAKAT (charity) eligible families with desperate financial needs.
Instead of building new institutions, we prefer to provide education opportunities at the door step. We involve local community, school teachers, community elders and parents to facilitate the process. Our goal is to engage whole community in education and development of their children.
The following steps clarifies our work procedure:
- Our volunteers and a team from local nonprofit organizations in the region meet community members in the village and through need assessment, develop a list of students as per our priority criteria.
- A detail assessment of the child, his/her family background, financial difficulties, interest and willingness of parents/community for her education and academic record is carried out and a report is submitted to the board of CACEP.
- CACEP board evaluates students’ financial needs and academic prospects and award scholarships. The student’s information is shared with the interested sponsor. CACEP receive yearly funding from the sponsor (currently $600).
- Scholarship is generally awarded for 10 years and covers tuition and school fees, books, clothing, food and transportation costs.
- Generally, tuition is paid directly to the school, cloths and books are delivered to the child with some money for grocery/food expenses. Due to severe poverty at home, we understand that food allowance might be shared with other children in the family.
- To keep regular scholarship status the child’s parent/guardian would maintain certain obligations that include maintaining good academic standing, school attendance and following CACEP’s required procedures for accounting and assessment purposes.
- Our respective volunteers regularly visit the child’s village – meet her teachers, parents and the community to collect academic and other relevant information about the child.
- CACEP receives regular academic records of all children and are shared with members.